Sunday, November 21, 2010

Three Day Work Week

Is it really Sunday night again?  It feels like the weekend just started and now it's over! Anyone else ever feel that way?  C and I had a wonderful relaxing weekend however, so I guess time really just flies when you're enjoying yourself.

Friday we went and had wings at Taco Mac, which was wonderful! Recently, I've developed a love of hot wings! Maybe it's the ranch obsession, but they are just my new favorite food and Taco Mac wings are where it's at!  Saturday and today we've just relaxed, and tried to get all of our laundry done before our TRIP this week! Now we just have to finish that up and get packed...and make it through three days of work...then we're on our way!  Also, I have to discover the magic stash of clothes I have for 29 degree weather, which is apparently the HIGH the day that we're getting out there! Good Grief that's cold...

Oh, I almost forgot, I have a story. A wonderful story that left me standing at the bus stop Friday with tears running down my face...it was just the most touching thing I've seen in a very long time.

So there I was Friday, waiting on the bus, kind of annoyed that the bus was running late and I was having to wait...and there was an older women standing on the corner singing. She was obviously down on her luck, but was standing there singing with the most beautiful voice and a basket on top of her bag for money... People were just walking right by her, maybe the people in downtown Atlanta are just used to the people begging and perhaps our hearts have hardened to the needy. But this well dressed gentleman with a name badge from one of the many conventions going on in the city just walked up, took the jacket off his back and put it on the woman. He helped her put the long overcoat on, told her to stay warm and safe, and to please of to a shelter for help... The woman offered him what little cash she had in her basket and he refused, he repeated his earlier request and just walked away...Leaving me and her with tiny tears running down our faces. Who does that? Would you? It sure made me think. That one act, that was maybe all of a minute, softened my heart and reminded me that I know someone who would do that. What an awesome reminder of the reason for the upcoming Holiday season. Praise God for moments like this! I hope that I keep this moment close to my heart always.

And Y'all, if you could just take a moment and remember C and I in your prayers. Like I've said, we're flying out this week for a little family visit and I am freaked out about going through security!!! I mean seriously FREAKED out!!! All the stories that have been in the news about all the updated procedures and all the issues people are having with it... so please just keep a calming thought for me! Hope everyone has a good week!


1 comment: