Monday, August 12, 2013

Did you feel the earth shift on its axis?

Because this girl actually cooked!

That being said I did not make the Pinterest recipe I shared last week...but a recipe I had printed forever ago and for some reason (the reason being that generally speaking I don't cook) never followed through on trying it out.

Growing up my Mom made Spaghetti Chicken and I loathed it.   Flat out refusal to eat the abomination my mother had put before me was the standard reaction, so when it popped into my head a while back I was a little surprised!  BUT it sounded GOOD and so the search for a recipe that didn't involve Velveeta began. Nothing against Velveeta, but "cheese product" just isn't something I'm interested in.

I found the recipe on a website called Six Sisters Stuff, and it was so simple that I thought I would share it here.

Here are some pictures from the cooking adventure:
Gathering all my ingredients! I put the chicken in to bake while I handled all the other components...cooking the noodles, chopping the onion, opening all the cans ;)

All the ingredients ready to go in the oven! I almost didn't have a bowl big enough to combine all the ingredients, but basically you take all the ingredients, mix them as best you can, and dump them in a lightly greased glass dish to bake.

Proof that I don't do this often...cleaning up as you go? Not for this girl!  Maybe that's a habit you develop over time? Also, notice the baby monitor?  LO went down for a FOUR.HOUR.NAP yesterday!! The Angel Care Monitor  is another post by itself, but it ranks for sure on the list of baby must haves!

Finished Product!!  It turned out very tasty, and you'll see the little bit in the corner missing...that would be LO's dinner!  He dug right in and enjoyed it very much!  I got a message after lunch today that C liked it too!  So awesome to find a recipe to add to the rotation that the entire family liked!

AND proof that I didn't leave the kitchen a disaster!

Hope you all have a great Monday!





1 comment:

  1. I've tried a few recipes from Six Sisters and they're always good. As for cleaning as you go, I haven't quite learned that habit yet either.

    ReplyDelete