Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Nine Months - One Post

Here goes my attempt to recap an entire pregnancy into one post!  Honestly it was a text book gestation, and a beautifully boring delivery and for that our family is extremely grateful.

1st Trimester- No morning sickness to speak of, unless the stomach got empty.  As long as I had something on my stomach I was good to go!  Once or twice we cut it close to the wire and sickness almost ensued but a little Green Machine Juice and all was well!  We waited until we were eight weeks to tell our parents and almost twelve weeks to celebrate with the rest of our family.  It was SO much fun to share the news with everyone, lots of happy tears via Skype since none of our family really lives around here :)

2nd Trimester-  Felt GREAT!  Energy bounded, the winter weather kept the pregnant lady comfortable, and Christmas was too much fun and we gathered with each facet of our family and celebrated with each group! Finding out that our little "BOB" (what we lovingly called the baby) was a BOY via a 3D ultrasound that was streamed live to our Moms was pretty fantastic.  Baby's First Images was such a great experience and they run great specials.  We're definitely planning on visiting them again with any additional bundles of joy!  It's so amazing to have all of those pictures and a DVD of Noah wiggling around in there when I was just starting to feel him!

3rd Trimester-  Apparently I lost my mind during my third trimester and decided would just go wild!  We went to a Red Hot Chili Pepper's concert when I was 37 weeks, a Braves game when I was 38 weeks, and picked strawberries with my Mom (in a field in the heat) when I was 39 weeks.  And that was just the end of my pregnancy!  I was so swollen it was scary, and while I felt pretty OK I most certainly did not look it!  Sending daily pictures of my hands and feet to my Mom was my norm there in the end...

 Right at 40 weeks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment