Thursday, August 8, 2013

Trip to the Baby Factory


In Atlanta, the majority of babies are born at Northside Hospital.  C was born at Northside and so was our little one.  

Our little man had no intention of coming out though!  I went to my scheduled weekly appointment and FINALLY (the day before my due date)  the midwife said I was done and that we would schedule the induction for that night!  It was such a relief and I can honestly say that at that point I was beyond ready to meet our little boy.  The induction was set for me to check in to the hospital that night at 7 to get the show on the road and I left with instructions to get my bag together and eat a good lunch and dinner in case I didn't get to eat again for a while!  Much to my office's amusement, I went on in to work to set my Out Of Office on my email and to let my management team know I would be starting my maternity leave the next day.  My supervisor looked at my like I had three heads when I told her I was being induced that night!  She couldn't figure out why on earth I was sitting in her office, but I knew that I needed to tie up my loose ends in order to focus completely on the task at hand!  After a quick call to C to let him know the situation (after my work...he was a little less than pleased) I was on my way to meet him and his Dad for lunch/dinner at Outback before making our way to the hospital!


Once we got to the hospital and go all checked in I'm pleased to report that everything went as smoothly as it possibly could!  It was like clockwork and I absolutely love that I have a positive induction story.  I truly believe that a lot of the credit for that goes to my OB/GYN, we didn't rush into an induction we waited until 40 weeks and I had made NO progress.  I know there are probably some people out there that would suggest waiting till past your due date, but I'm so thankful I didn't!  After going through the typical drugs and procedures for induction the midwife broke my water around 12:15, I got my epidural shortly thereafter  (which is a long story, but the lesson is if they say you have low platelets get that stuff checked out!! Otherwise you could have to go the no drugs route), and after a productive hour and a half of pushing William Noah Ford entered the world at 3:35pm on May 2nd 2012.  Exactly on his due date and his Momma's birthday!   
He was a BIG GUY!  8 lbs 10 oz and 22 in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment