Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wait, You had a Baby??

Hmmm...the Wednesday before we closed on our house way back in September 2011 a funny thing happened.

I woke up at about 5 a.m. and realized I was pregnant.  At this point in time I was about five or so hours "late"...kid you not!  That fateful morning, I sat straight up in the bed and just knew...strangest feeling ever.

C and I had kicked around the thought of starting our family, and since we were under contract for our home we thought no time would work out better.  Through all of our conversations we really did learn that if you wait till you're "ready" to have a baby no one would ever have one!  That August we decided that we would just let nature take it's course and that we would get pregnant when the Good Lord intended.  Little did we know that we wouldn't have to wait very long!

Back to that morning, I woke up and just knew that I needed to take a test.  Luckily thanks to another blogger (I had been reading any and every pregnant blog I could find...you know we all do it!) I had purchased some of the cheap-o tests off Amazon.  Without being to graphic, the tests were the kind that you had to dunk...so dunk I did.  Since I had SO MANY PREGNANCY TESTS...I dipped several and put them on the counter to wait and within about thirty seconds I had my answer!

I had searched for all the cute ways to tell C that we were going to have a baby, and thought that we would have plenty of time for me to pick one out and prepare. However, in that moment all I could do was cry and laugh!  I was just so full of joy and so very excited for the miracle I was going to be able to share with C.  Basically waiting went out the window!  Something to note here, is that my husband has terrible eye sight.  Without his glasses in the morning things need to be a couple of inches away in order for him to see them.  When he heard my ruckus in the bathroom he thought something was wrong and flew out of bed...and I had no words for him except for crying and pointing at the bathroom counter!  His face flew down to see what I was pointing at and immediately questioned why it smelled like urine...whoops.

Once we got C's face away from any and all bodily fluids we were just so.stinkin.excited!  Neither of us could believe that God had so richly blessed us with this wonderful addition to our family!  Now our little one is fifteen months and turning into a little more of a big boy every single day.  What a blessing returning to blogging is to get this documented so we can always remember the morning we found out we were going from a twosome to a threesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment