Friday, August 9, 2013

Fit Friday


Trying to lose weight after having LO (Little One for future reference) has been one of the hardest things I have EVER tackled!  It's harder to stay on track than it ever was before.  Grabbing quick meals where you can is not always conducive to healthy eating although I'm sure I could make better choices!

Thankfully I have a job with a gym downstairs, now if I get to the gym a couple times a week I count that a success.  Definite room for improvement there!  I'm hoping that putting this out there will encourage myself to be more accountable to myself!  At this point in the game it's not about a number on the scale, but more about feeling like myself again.  Prior to getting pregnant I wasn't really happy with myself and now with the added lingering baby weight it's easy to slip into a place where you can feel sorry for yourself.  Here are a couple of goals for the month of August (even though we're already about a week into the month)

  1.  Make the Honor Roll at the Turner Athletic Club.  You have to go 12 times in the month to make the honor roll which boils down to a couple times a week.  At the very least it's a start!
  2. No Soft Drinks.  No point in drinking my calories!
  3. Find the nerve to put up a before picture so that at the end of this journey I can see how far I've come! 
Let's start off small so that I get some success!  Other Momma's - what did you find was successful in getting the last bit of baby weight off?

1 comment:

  1. No babies here but I can relate to not being comfortable with yourself and trying to fix that. You can totally make the honor roll at the fitness center! If nothing else, a walk on the treadmill during lunch is a great way to fit in a little bit of activity. As for the before picture that can be a tough one. It never really bothered me to share my fat pictures because the way I see it the people reading my blog either A. Are internet strangers so who cares what they think or B. Already know me and therefore already know what I look like. Good luck with the sodas, I know that can be a tough one to kick. I still allow myself a caffeine free diet coke every once in a while as a treat but I rarely crave them anymore. You can totally do it!

    ReplyDelete